Friday, June 19, 2015

Awake in the ICU

Nathan has just been moved to ICU. Two at a time can go back to see him. The good news is that Nathan is speaking, which we were warned could be an issue. When I came in, he whispered, "Pathology?" I told him that we don't know that yet, but we will in a week.

He was thirsty and the nurse brought him a Sprite which he was able to drink from the straw and even hold the cup. So, those are really good signs. He is also sensitive to noises and sounds. He wanted his door shut because the nurses that were talking in the hall were bothering him. So, he is resting now in a quiet room with Elizabeth at his side and a little cup of Sprite close by his right hand.


  

2 comments:

  1. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We will continue to pray. This is Carolyn Cain, I am a friend of Beth's, and my daughter, Mary Scott Sanders works with Nathan. I live in Florida, and I have several of my friends praying as well as our pastor and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news so far! Continuing to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete