Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Trust

Hey everybody!

So far, today has been my best day yet! I am starting to feel like my old self again.

During this last month, time has felt like it stood still. It seems like yesterday I was back in my office, without a clue that my life would be changed forever. Life has a way of automatically reprioritizing what is important to you when something like this happens. My good friend and co-worker, Clay Ingram, made a great point by asking the question, "How do we go about living our lives with our priorities straight without something terrible like this happening?" I have thought a lot about that, but in the end it just takes putting God in the center of everything. He will reprioritize what is important and also teach you some lessons, like trusting others...

I always thought I was a trusting person until I HAD to trust people to do things for me. I am not sure if it was a pride/control thing or what, but when it came down to it, I was not ok with concept of trust. For example, my first night out of the hospital I questioned every pill my wife, Elizabeth, gave me. "Are you sure I am supposed to take four of these? How many times a day? Are you sure?" I was convinced she was wrong about the dosage/how many times a day to take them, but of course, she wasn't. I have really learned to trust others and not rely on my own assessment of things. I think this lesson will help me at work as well.

Let me just say Elizabeth has been my rock. Not only is she dealing with this in a different way, but she has also been tossed into a role where she is paying the bills, taking notes at doc. appointments, keeping track of when I need to take my meds, driving me around (TN has a law where you can't drive unless you are seizure free for 6 months... 5 months to go) and much, much more. She has been so strong through all of this, and I really don't know where I would be without her. I love you, Liz!

Liz's notebook FILLED with Doc. Appointment notes

Going forward, I am going to try and get back to work a few half days a week to slowly return to a normal routine, which I am excited about. It will be fun to be back at work. I have really missed it.

Through all of this, God keeps teaching me lessons: how to trust, how to receive, and what it means to love. I am looking forward to what He will teach me next.

I truly can't begin to thank you all for everything you have done. From the bracelets, to the T-shirts, to donating, to just reading this blog, each and every one of you has made a positive impact on our family's life, and we can't thank you enough for the grace and mercy you have shown us.

Love,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment